Headingley HEART | Bennett Road | LS6 3HN Leeds | United Kingdom
26th April 2018 - 9:30am-11.30am
'A new Culture Strategy for Leeds 2017-2030' was officially adopted by Leeds City Council in July 2017. Since then the team have been busy working with artists, communtities, organisations and institutions across the city to gather and support ideas and projects that will form part of a new Delivery Plan that will cover a six-year period from 2018-2023.
Staying true to the co-produced principles and values of the Culture Strategy we want to create a shared platform where these ideas and projects can come together, encourage collaboartion across the city, give profile to the cultures being created across the city and act as a strong voice and advocate for culture in Leeds.
The first step is make sure that we create something exciting, creative and flexible, and most importantly, create it together making sure that anyone who wants to can contribute.
We would like to invite you to join us at a short workshop to get things started, test initial ideas and help us to build an online platform that does everything you need it to, in order to support your projects and ideas.
This initial workshop will include:
- A Simple Idea - How could we create a collective Delivery Plan?
- A chance for you to comment on this idea and add your own
- An opportunity to share examples from other cities and projects that have inspired you
- A chance to meet other artists, groups and organisations from across the city who are making culture happen
- Above all this is an opportuntiy to influence the Delivery Plan before it has even begun making sure that it becomes a platform in the city that everyone can be part of.