A new Advisory Panel bringing together artists, creatives, cultural organisations and council departments has been appointed by Leeds City Council as part of the international Pilot Cities Programme.
Chosen from an open call for Expressions of Interest, the panel brings together expertise in community engagement, cultural programming, environment and climate change, regeneration and tourism. Over the coming months the panel of nine members will work together to develop a series of ‘pilot measures’ in response a detailed analysis of the city’s strengths and weaknesses in terms of how integrated culture is across a range of nine Agenda 21 policy areas.
The panel includes:
- Andrew Price, Director, Re-form Landscape Architects
- Angela Barnicle, Chief Officer for Asset Management & Regeneration, Leeds City Council
- Claire Heap, Acting Head of Visitor Economy, Leeds City Council
- Courtney Spencer, Director, Left Bank Leeds
- Dominic Gray, Director of Projects, Opera North
- Keranjeet Kaur-Virdee, Chief Executive, South Asian Arts UK
- Tom Knowland, Head of Environment and Climate Change, Leeds City Council
- Weike Eringa, Artistic Director & CEO, Yorkshire Dance
- William Gaunt, Director of Commercial Property, Sunnybank Mills
The panel will share initial ideas for ‘pilot measures’ that will address areas of weaknesses including urban regeneration and public realm, information and knowledge, economy and environment, at a sharing event on the 6th June. The event will take place at Leeds Art Gallery and is an open event with an opportunity to comment on the suggested ‘pilot measures’.